Friday, November 6, 2009

Windows 7 is here. Should i upgrade or not - 2 Security


Windows XP is not a very secure operating system. Virus and other malicious programs could get inside it without much trouble. For example, if you insert a virus infected flash drive into a XP machine, viruses begin to do their work very quickly. However if you have a good virus scanner, you might be able to control these threats. But as a standalone OS, there’s no good protection against viruses in XP. In the other hand, Vista seems to be more secure. Before installing Windows 7, my laptop had Windows Vista. And my desktop computer has XP. Comparing these two, I don’t remember a time when my laptop was infected by a virus. For a time I used Vista without installing an antivirus program. Even then the machine did not get any viruses, as far as I know. But while using an antivirus program with old virus definition files, my XP machine got infected several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment